Worldwide PC Gaming Hardware Market Report Series
Download Full reports (Purchase required)
- Enthusiast PC Gaming Report
- Performance PC Gaming Report
- Mainstream PC Gaming Report
- All PC Gaming reports and summary
Download Table of Contents
- The Enthusiast PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- The Performance PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- The Mainstream PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- Total PC Gaming Hardware Market (PDF)
Gaming Notebook sales take breather as Desktop trend for 4K/UHD builds Momentum
The global PC gaming hardware market is forecast to slightly recede in 2015 but, but less than the overall PC market, and then resume growth in 2016. However, all recession and growth within the market is not equal. Jon Peddie Research (JPR) believes that notebooks bought for gaming have entered a challenging sales environment as PC gamers gear up for the forthcoming mass market 4K/UHD development.
Ted Pollak, Senior Analyst notes “. This cycle, unlike any for the past fifteen years, will inspire gamers to upgrade their displays. 27 inch and larger 4K/UHD displays are reaching mass market pricing levels and produce an incredible experience allowing much wider field of view and greater detail. The financial outlay for these display upgrades alone is billions of dollars over the coming years” Jon Peddie, President of JPR adds “In addition to the cost of the new display technology, gamers are going to need the computing horsepower to drive Triple A game engines at over 60 frames per second, and that horsepower comes at a premium”. Sixty frames per second is considered the gold standard in PC gaming and many prefer even faster speeds, at least twice that number if VR is involved.
The gaming notebook and desktop market is especially challenged in the low end as many casual players opt for tablets and TV Gaming options to satisfy their needs. However a new wave of TV optimized PCs from Alienware, iBuyPower, and other companies could buck the trend. On a positive note for 2015, the PC Gaming peripherals and upgrade market serves as a buffer in hard times as gamers who wear through mice, keyboards, and headsets easily justify their replacement.
The PC Gaming Hardware Market is very diverse amongst its different segments. The high end Enthusiast segment is very performance and style oriented much like sports car owners. While the low end just wants to play games on something and this is why the segment is under threat from cheaper gaming solutions.
The report contains the following content:
- After-Market add-in board (AIB): Discussion and estimates of after-market graphics cards sales as upgrades and for home builds
- System Configured PCs: Discussion and estimates of PC sales influenced by gaming from companies that either sell pre-configured or custom configured builds. Estimates are broken into notebooks and desktop segments.
- Accessories and DIY: Discussion and estimates of accessory sales and the Do-It-Yourself (DYI) builds
- Charts, graphics, tables and more. Included with this report is an Excel workbook. It contains the data we used to create the charts in this report. The workbook has the charts and supplemental information broken out by platform.
Pricing and Availability
The Worldwide PC Gaming Hardware Market report series by Jon Peddie Research which covers 33 countries, notebooks, desktops, DIY, and accessories, comes in three versions: Enthusiast, Performance, and Mainstream, with each version selling for $7,500 and the set of three for $15,000. In addition, with the set is a summary report of the Total PC Gaming Hardware Market worldwide.