Worldwide PC Gaming Hardware Market Report Series
Download Full reports (Purchase required)
- Enthusiast PC Gaming Report
- Performance PC Gaming Report
- Mainstream PC Gaming Report
- All PC Gaming reports and summary
Download Table of Contents
- The Enthusiast PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- The Performance PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- The Mainstream PC Gaming Market (PDF)
- Total PC Gaming Hardware Market (PDF)
PC Gaming Market Holds Lead Over Consoles
The PC Gaming Hardware Market, which consists of personal computers, upgrades, and peripherals used for gaming, is strong and healthy amongst the backdrop of general declines in the PC market.
Ted Pollak, Senior Gaming Analyst at JR notes that the $21.5 billion market is over twice the size of the console gaming hardware market. “We continue to see a shift in casual console customers moving to mobile. While this is also occurring in the lower end PC gaming world, more money is being directed to mid and high range PC builds and upgrades by gamers. Committed PC gamers are generally not interested in pure content consumption platforms. They are power users and pay thousands for the ability to play games at very high settings and then do business, video/photo editing, content creation and other tasks with maximum horsepower at their disposal in a desktop ergonomic environment.”
Gaming has become one of the cornerstones of the entire home and personal PC market. As major companies evaluate their marketing and R&D budgets, JPR is seeing more investment in gaming oriented designs, and more money spent advertising to this group of consumers.
Jon Peddie, president of JPR, notes that “Nvidia, Intel, and AMD have enthusiast CPUs and GPUs that are so powerful, when combined with SSD’s and fast memory they absolutely trounce the computing power and gaming capabilities of the newest console generation. Being able to drive 3840 × 2160 (4K) at acceptable frame rates is already a reality for the highest end configurations and the mass market is now able to push 2560 × 1440. PC Gamers with good displays are able to enjoy millions and millions of pixels more than console gamers get on HDTVs. This translates into being able to see more and a better gaming experience”
The PC Gaming Hardware Market is very diverse amongst its different segments. The high end Enthusiast segment is very performance and style oriented much like sports car owners. While the low end just wants to play games on something and this is why the segment is under threat from cheaper gaming solutions.
The report contains the following content:
- After-Market AIB: Discussion and estimates of after-market graphics cards sales as upgrades and for home builds
- System Configured PCs: Discussion and estimates of PC sales influenced by gaming from companies that either sell pre-configured or custom configured builds. Estimates are broken into notebooks and desktop segments.
- Accessories and DIY: Discussion and estimates of accessory sales and the Do-It-Yourself builds
- Charts, graphics, tables and more. Included with this report is an Excel workbook. It contains the data we used to create the charts in this report. The workbook has the charts and supplemental information broken out by platform.
Pricing and Availability
The Worldwide PC Gaming Hardware Market report series by Jon Peddie Research which covers 33 countries, notebooks, desktops, DIY, and accessories, comes in three versions: Enthusiast, Performance, and Mainstream, with each version selling for $7,500 and the set of three for $15,000. In addition, with the set is a summary report of the Total PC Gaming Hardware Market worldwide.