Add-in Board report (Quarterly - Q1'22)
By Jon Peddie and Robert Dow
The Add-in Board report is a quarterly report that focuses on the market activity of PC graphics controllers for mobile and desktop computing. The report provides an in-depth look at the PC graphics market and includes unit shipment and segment market share data, and trend analysis.
The AIB Report Contains
- Worldwide AIB Shipment forecast by segment, 2015 to 2023.
- Attach rate of AIBs from 2001.
- Detailed worldwide AIB Shipment Volume, by segment, and forecast to 2023.
- Major suppliers: Detailed market share data-on the shipments of AMD, Nvidia, and others.
- Market share history from Q1 2004.
- Percentage of shipments by region, from 2015 to 2023.
- Market value of AIBs, and pricing trends
- A Vision of the future: Building upon a solid foundation of facts, data, and sober analysis, this section pulls together all of the report's findings and paints a vivid picture of where the PC graphics market is headed.
- Memory load and forecast.
Add-In Board unit sales continue to grow with the help of falling ASPs
Unit shipments in the add-in board market increased in Q1'22 by 32.2% year-over-year.
Unit shipments in the add-in board market increased by 1.4% Q1'22 from last quarter and an impressive 32.2% gain year-to-year. while AMD increased its market share by 4% from a year ago.
Over $8.6 billion AIBs shipped in the quarter, which represents a decrease in revenue from $12.4 billion in Q4 due to falling ASPs. The AIB market reached $46,169.4 billion in last four quarters. JPR forecasts it to be $57 billion by 2025. Intel’s entry into the market, due to the strength of its brand and position with OEMs, will create an increase in unit shipments and TAM. This increase will start to materialize in mid-2023.
AMD’s market share increased to 24% while Nvidia still has a dominate position in the market with a 75% market share. The relative changes from quarter to quarter are illustrated in the following chart.
|Market share changes quarter-to-quarter and year-to-year|
- JPR found that AIB shipments during the quarter increased from the last quarter by 1.4%, which is above the 10-year average of -4.9%.
- Total AIB shipments increased by 32.2% this quarter from last year to 13.4 million units and were up from 13.19 million units last quarter.
- AMD’s quarter-to-quarter total desktop AIB unit shipments increased 6.0% and increased 43.9% from last year.
- Nvidia’s quarter-to-quarter unit shipments decreased -0.3% and increased 27.4% from last year. Nvidia continues to hold a dominant market share position at 75%.
- AIB shipments from year-to-year increased by 32.2% compared to last year.
Looking for the annual subscription?view subscription
Errors and Omissions: We do our best to keep our website current and accurate, but typographical errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to correct or cancel any orders based on incorrect or erroneous information. For questions about your order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.