Gamer's Buying Plans 2020
A report on Worldwide attitudes and plans of DIY games
Jon Peddie & Usman Pirzada
New report on gamers buying attitudes and ownership
A worldwide survey of end-users from the 3.5 million Wccftech site visitors resulted in 4,477 responses to 26 questions. Combined with their demographic data that produced 143,264 answers to critical buying plans, and currently owned equipment.
Some of the results were quite surprising such as the large installed base of AMD processors, plans to purchase Nvidia’s newest graphics add-in-board, and attitudes about pricing for motherboards, AIBs, and VR HMDs.
This report is intended for OEMs, component suppliers, and partners.
The report consists of two parts, the written report, and the raw data database of the survey.
A sample of some of the questions is shown here:
- What AIB do you currently own?
- Do you have an Nvidia Turing card?
- Are you planning on updating your graphics card?
- Historically, how have you bought graphics cards?
- What is the most you would ever pay for a top-notch AIB?
- What CPU do you currently own?
- Are you planning on upgrading this year?
- What is the most you would pay for an excellent CPU?
- How much would you be willing to spend on a great motherboard?
- Which AIB vendor do you trust the most?
- Do you have a VR capable system?
- How much are you willing to pay for the VR HMD?
- How much RAM does your system have?
- What is the minimum acceptable resolution and FPS standard of gaming for you?
The 55-page report contains of 47 charts and 11 tables, the Table of Contents is shown here:
The report can be purchased as a single user, or as a site license, single issue or semi-annual subscription, report, only report with database, or database only. The prices are as follows:
The survey was conducted between October and 27 October 2019.
We analyzed the demographic data of the respondents in three macro ways: worldwide, regional, and by country. The following sections show the results of that analysis.
|Map of the distribution of survey respondents|
The single largest response came from the U.S, with UK, second.
Purchasers of the semi-annual site license report and database will be invited to submit questions for the next survey which we will conduct in the late spring 2020.
Errors and Omissions: We do our best to keep our website current and accurate, but typographical errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to correct or cancel any orders based on incorrect or erroneous information. For questions about your order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.