Market Watch Q4, 2018: JPR's in-depth report on the GPU market
The PC GPU market decreased year-to-year by -3.34%, sequentially GPU shipments decreased -2.65%
Jon Peddie & Robert Dow
Jon Peddie Research, the market research firm for the computer graphics industry, has released its quarterly Market Watch report on worldwide GPU shipments for PCs for the fourth quarter of 2018.
Overall GPU shipments decreased -2.65% from last quarter, AMD shipments decreased -6.8% Nvidia decreased -7.6% and Intel's shipments, decreased -0.7%.
AMD's market share from last quarter decreased -0.6%, Intel's increased 1.4%, and Nvidia's market share decreased -0.82%, as indicated in the following chart.
|Comparison of Notebooks to Tablet shipments over time|
- AMD’s overall unit shipments decreased -6.81% quarter-to-quarter, Intel’s total shipments decreased -0.67% from last quarter, and Nvidia’s decreased -7.62%.
- The attach rate of GPUs (includes integrated and discrete GPUs) to PCs for the quarter was 135% which was down -5.92% from last quarter.
- Discrete GPUs were in 27.78% of PCs, which is down -3.83% from last quarter.
- The overall PC market increased by 1.61% quarter-to-quarter and decreased -3.79% year-to-year.
- Desktop graphics add-in boards (AIBs) that use discrete GPUs decreased -10.75% from last quarter.
- Q4'18 saw a no change in tablet shipments from last quarter.
The report contains the following content:
- Worldwide GPU and PC Shipment Volume, 1981 to 2023.
- Detailed worldwide GPU Shipment Volume, 1Q 2001 to this quarter, and forecast to 2023.
- Detailed market share data for the major suppliers: AMD, Intel, Nvidia, and others.
- Financial results for the leading suppliers. Analysis of the quarterly results of the leading GPU suppliers
- Market Forecasts. You will also be able to download a detailed spreadsheet and supporting charts that project the supplier’s shipments over the period 2001 to 2018. Projections are split into platforms and GPU type.
- GPUs. History, Status, and Analysis.
- Financial history for the last nine quarters. Based on historic SEC filings, you can see current and historical sales and profit results of the leading suppliers.
- A Vision of the future. Building upon a solid foundation of facts, data, and analysis, this section pulls together all of the report's findings and paints a vivid picture of where the PC graphics market is headed.
- Charts, graphics, tables and more. Included with this report is an Excel workbook. It contains the data we used to create the charts in this report. The workbook has the charts and supplemental information.
JPR also publishes a series of reports on the PC Gaming Hardware Market, which covers the total market including system and accessories, and looks at 31 countries. More information can be found here: Worldwide PC Gaming Hardware Market Report Series
Errors and Omissions: We do our best to keep our website current and accurate, but typographical errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to correct or cancel any orders based on incorrect or erroneous information. For questions about your order, contact email@example.com.