As part of its ongoing research on the PC graphics market, Jon Peddie Research (JPR) has released its Market Watch report for the second quarter of 2020. Before 2020, the PC market was showing signs of improvement and settling into a new normal. JPR’s Market Watch report confirms that trend for the second quarter of 2020, but with some surprises results for this very unusual year.
- AMD’s overall unit shipments increased by 8.4% quarter-to-quarter, Intel’s total shipments decreased by -2.7% from last quarter, and Nvidia’s increased 17.8%.
- The overall attach rate of GPUs (includes integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations) to PCs for the quarter was 126% which was up 2.3% from last quarter.
- The overall PC market increased by 0.68% quarter-to-quarter and increased by 12.54% year-to-year.
- Desktop graphics add-in boards (AIBs that use discrete GPUs) increased 6.55% from last quarter.
- Q2'20 saw no change in tablet shipments from last quarter.