The market for workstations continues its torrid pace in Q1’19
The market continues to outperform both the broader PC market and overall global economic growth, in Q1’19 even more dramatically than previous quarters. Worldwide, approximately 1.43 million workstations (client-side) were shipped, a YoY gain of over 18.3%. Prices remain firm (at least cyclically so), allowing revenue to incur similar gains (an estimated 16.4%).
The triumvirate of Dell, HP, and Lenovo managed to account for the lion’s share of units, with Lenovo, in particular, making strides of late.
Providing the most comprehensive look at the workstation market available, the JPR Workstation Report Market Quarterly for Q1’19 delves into breadth and depth across all slices of the workstation and professional GPU markets, including:
- Complete breakdown of traditional workstation market by units and revenue, and across product classes (mobile/entry/mid/high), platforms (mobile/entry/mid/high), geography and vendors
- Workstation market forecast
- A complete breakdown of the workstation GPU market by units and revenue, across product classes and vendors
- Breakdown of the workstation market by vertical
- Analysis and sizing of the impact of Apple platforms versus Windows/Linux workstations
- Analysis and sizing of the impact of emerging workstation virtualization (in its multiple forms)
- Analysis and sizing the impact of Intel's CPU-integrated graphics